Tuesday 19 July 2016

Guidelines to My Collections

In this blog of mine, I would like to point out that:

  1. This blog was created as a personal museum of mine. I am not hoping that anyone would follow this blog of mine, should there be any then its good news to me.
  2. I only review my stuffs here. Never would I think about reviewing things that are not mine.
  3. There will be no bootleg shirts featured on this blog. Although I do have bootleg shirt in my collection, but I wont waste my time featuring them on this blog.
  4. Like I said before, I put more emphasis on local band t-shirts, while I do enjoy displaying the imported official merchandises of well-known international bands once a while, it is the local bands t-shirts that inspired me to create this blog.
  5. I only display METAL shirts only. I too own t-shirts released by bands playing genres other than metal, but should I post them here, it however beats the purpose of this blog.
  6. As for gig t-shirts, I only collect gig t-shirt of gigs that I've attended. I strictly do not keep any gig t-shirts of any gig that I have not attended.
  7. Same as the case of gig t-shirts, if I were to buy a band tour shirt, I must at least attend at least one of the shows at the venues printed on the shirt. I do not keep any band tour t-shirts of which I am not a participant of.
  8. Last but certainly not least, is that too do not collect any shirt of a certain band if I do not have any physical audio release from the band. Metal is most importantly enjoyed with the ears. Not the eyes. For example; If I were wear a Sepultura's "Schizophrenia" t-shirt, I must at least own a physical and OFFICIAL copy of the album in any physical audio format. Just having mp3 files of the album does not count as owning the album.
Why created all these rules for myself? Well, all I can say is that it for self satisfaction. I am not saying that my rules are to be followed and those who did not follow it are posers though. I set these sort of rules for myself so that I can look and be satisfied with what I collected. Nothing is more important that satisfaction to me.

Me with my friend Aziz seen wearing local Malaysian gig t-shirts in at his hometown Alor Setar, Kedah , Malaysia early this year (2016). Both of us attended the gigs  printed on our t-shirts respectively.  Looking at the t-shirts of gigs which he wore while hanging out with me, I guess he too does not wear t-shirts of gigs which he did not attend, like me. My friend here also runs an online metal merchandise business known as the Metal Zone Distro. 
Meeting Yonk of the Darkcastle shop to buy t-shirt and CDs at his shop during my recent visit to Indonesia this year (2016). His shop is located at Plaza Parahyangan, Bandung, Indonesia. In this photo, I am seen wearing a local Malaysian band t-shirt while he is seen wearing a local Indonesian band t-shirt. Oh, we are so patriotic. Hehe. Only original merchandises are found in his shop. Strictly no bootleg. I had a good time chatting with him during our short and brief meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment