Thursday 6 October 2016

Blackfire "Blackfire"

front
back
Blackfire (sometimes spelled Black Fire) claims to be the first ever metal band from Malaysia. They play a brand of heavy metal with religious themes from a dark-tinted perspective. I met a few people who interpreted the lyrics by this band to be religious... but this is not white metal. Call it what ever you like but they are not white metal in my opinion.

So what do you do when you walked into a metal store for the first time and saw a shirt of a legendary band from your country up for sale? Of course you buy it knowing that it has a aesthetic value. I even made sure this was not bootlegged too.

One interesting note for me is that the first metal band from Malaysia also comes from Malaysia's smallest state, Perlis.

Formed in 1982 as Metal Ghost, the band changed their name to Blackfire two years later it took them 24 years to finally record a material and the result was their full length album "Lahir Dari Api" released in 2006 and it is their only album to date. Better late than never, I guess.

Why is this band legendary if they never recorded anything? Well, according to Encyclopedia Metallum who had this little info on the website's page on Blackfire:
...their songs had never been recorded in studio until recently. However, they were already known from so many performances in rock festivals and gigs around Malaysia in the 80's.
The design of this shirt looks simple but hey, if it is Blackfire, I am definitely showing my support for the band plus I am just glad to have this shirt in my collection. If I am not mistaken, this shirt was released to accompany the release of their 2006 album to date. Correct me if I am wrong in the comments section below please.

One the back of this shirt are excerpts of lyrics to the song (or more like song and album intro) "Lahirnya Dari Api" found in their one and only album released in 2006.

BASIC INFO

Shirt: Blackfire "Blackfire"

Category: Local Malaysian band t-shirt

Subject Origin: Kangar, Perlis, Malaysia

Condition: 8/10

Back print: yes

Long sleeve: no

Sleeves print: no

Shirt status: original, released by local Malaysian label

Printing ink and method: rubber dye, silk screen


No comments:

Post a Comment